National Tour and Homecoming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: National Tour and Homecoming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 09:06 am:

I'll be leaving for the tour and Homecoming a week from this morning! (Starting to get a bit excited.) :-)

See y'all there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 11:13 am:

I think the speedster is ready, now I have to look over the trailer. I plan to leave Wednesday as itís about 2,300 Miles, travel thru Dallas to pick up some more stuff for the Museum and arrive Saturday, all being well. I hope we donít have too much rain, if we do, I will wish I had brought the coupe. The grandson canít make it, so Iíll have a spare speedster seat. Looking forward to those flat straight roads lined with corn. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 11:44 am:

Everyone here in Richmond eagerly awaits your arrivals!
Safe travels and see you all next Sunday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 01:42 pm:

The last time I attended Homecoming, it was about 4 or 5 years ago. They had organized small tours for the 2 days before, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the roads were. By nice, I mean windy, twisty, and hilly. I didn't know there were roads like that around there. I hope they include some of those roads on our upcoming tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:01 pm:

Our car is already back there as we historic raced old #4 at Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago, ultimate experience if you're a race car nut, and left the car back at Tony Wilshire's place in Noblesville, IN. So we'll fly out, retrieve our stuff and move on to Richmond for the fun tour and Homecoming.

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 12:48 am:

I was hoping to go by T this year, but I don't think either one will be ready. So even if I have to drive modern, I'll see you all there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 07:47 am:

Tony,I dropped the valve grinder off at Model T Ranch yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 08:31 am:

Take The Long Way Home ...

This is turning out to be like the week before Bakersfield Swap
in April - a helluva lotta driving to make it to the Dance on time ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 08:56 am:

Mike, we have included a few ďniceĒ roads, just for you. We are really getting busy here, prepping for both the National Tour and Homecoming.

Tony, give me a call when you get into town and weíll unload all that you have so graciously brought with you for the museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 09:45 am:

Ed:

racing at Indy, way cool. Do you have any photos of #4 in action at the brickyard?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 10:09 am:

I will be there Saturday for the day. Not bringing the T but looking forward to putting faces to names. I will be looking for a decent hood and left fender for my 23 TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

We will be there for the swap meet. I plan on bringing early or "good" items. will list them in a day or two. Will post a picture or two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Would anyone have the daily schedule of events
I do appreciate it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

http://www.modeltfordclubofamerica.com/homecoming/event-information/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 03:54 pm:

UPDATED HOMECOMING SCHEDULE now available:

2018 Homecoming Schedule

Thanks, Mark! You and Bill reminded me to put this updated version out there!

Any questions about Sat., July 14 Homecoming, just let me know.
We can still squeeze a few more vendors in there!
Just $15 for 10x10 space.

susan@mtfca.com
765-373-3106

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 12:11 am:

Susan, Now that we are only two weeks away I think it is time to ask is there any kind of a current wish list of things needed for the museum or the garage? It would help some of us to thin our stock while at the same time helping out the museum with some donations. Also a question, Is there going to be trailer parking around the corner as last year and what time Friday is the latest we should get there to take advantage of it. Thanks Jim

(Message edited by tfan on July 02, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:13 pm:

Jim, I have lots of pictures taken by a number of people at Indy but not sure that I can get any of the good ones small enough to post here. If you go to You Tube and type in Ed Archer you'll see a video of part of our Saturday race taken by my riding mechanic Matty Bukowiecki and a friend in the stands. It was a blast! Alright, I tried posting and no luck but I'll post a couple that are better than nothing.

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:41 am:

Thanks ED:

I'll check out U tube. Sure looks like a great experience. Should have the coupe fired up for first time next week, then have to work out the AC brake linkage and I'll be on the road. Vintage racer is still on my bucket list, just can't decide if I want to part with the A or the xke, maybe just have to build another barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:11 am:

James Riedy and all... sorry for the tardy response to the request for the Vintage Garage & Machine Shop current wish list.

Specific requests are:
- Pan straightening table made by KR Wilson would be a fantastic addition.
- Boring bar for the KR Wilson Combination Machine so graciously donated by Bill & Nellie Howell.

And we are still looking to finish filling the Parts Cabinet. Here's the list.

Thank you to everyone who donates so generously to the Model T Museum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:24 am:

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 10:24 am:

I have limited room available to transport donated items:

Going thru Knoxville Tennessee right now northbound on interstate 75 ......

FJ
260-804-6695

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Susan - how many of each part is the Museum seeking ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Susan. I have a very very nice (NOS)? 12 tooth pinion gear. Marked 3 1/4-1. Itís yours if you want it. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 12:51 pm:

Susan Iíll also send you a 10 tooth. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 01:07 pm:

Susan. I should mention that the 12 tooth is for the 39 tooth ring gear. The 10 tooth is for the 40 tooth ring gear. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

If you can't find a picture of Ed and his speedster the whole internet must have collapsed :-)

Andy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration