What I stole today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What I stole today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

The auctioneer opened at $5 and I said yes. The bidding was on choice, and apparently nobody else realized this was in the pile of Model A wheels. I probably could have bid $1 and got it, but I didn't want to risk somebody getting wise and jumping in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

Like! Now you need four more to make a set of five. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:44 pm:

Nice score Steve. Is that a slight bend about the 8oclock position on the rim?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 10:59 pm:

More than slight. I wish it was closer I'd fix it for Steve on my wheel press.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

might give Steve a slight bump each time it goes round and round. He likely wouldn't notice it on the Kansas highways he drives on. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 12:28 am:

Yes, that bend can be fixed. This will go on my 26 RP project if I live long enough to get to it.

Noel, we had some of the best highways in the country before we caught Brownback fever.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 01:51 am:

I did a similar thing a few years back, was a long-term "estate" sale of old car stuff, and in the back were some wheel piles in the tall grass. Well, one wheel pile was 21" Ford rims, the top one being a Model A rim, but the rest under it were all T!!! I paid $25 for the stack, and it had been there (as part of the sale) for WEEKS!! Got at least 5 good ones that will either go on my '26 Tudor, or my future speedster (yes, I have the hubs!)
It sometimes pays to be "nosey" and check stuff out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 05:50 am:

David, I can top your story. I was asked to help sort some T stuff at an estate auction. There were masses of stuff which would bave taken a week to set out for maximum benefit. All I got done on the morni g of the sale was to sort piles of A and T wire wheels, over 60 of them!
By the time the auctioneer got to the field stuff, his voice had gone and his hotshot sidekick took over. He was determined to get things rolling. The first lot he offered was the wire wheels, all set out in sets of 5. He put the lot up as one offering. I knew what was there and won them all for about 1/2 the price of set of T ones. I made 5 times more than I bid selling of the badly rusted ones for yard art.
I felt sorry for the widow. There was so much good stuff that went far too cheaply because they had no idea what they were doing, and had no idea how long they needed to sell it all.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration