Moveing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Moveing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 07:07 am:

I have a tractor conversion, and you all know how low the gear ratio is. It runs good starts good and I get a lot of free starts. Question is if I take it to a show and it gets the idea it don't want to start how am I going to load it? can't pull or push it, the wheel slides. How am I going to get it up a drop tail gate ramp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 07:11 am:

Good question. I guess the best answer is to get it running again! ;-)

How about wooden planks for the tractor rims to grip on, then winch her up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 07:18 am:

Adrian, You are thinking with me. I thought about putting the back wheels on water skis and start winching, may have to tie the wheels to the ski. Now that is going to steal the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 07:25 am:

You might be able to hit your local farm store and buy some cow pads. The are thick rubber and bolt/screw those right to the tail gate to protect it. Just cut them in half; one for each wheel track then use a come along, or winch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 08:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 09:20 am:

Eugene, as i re-read your original post, what it occurred to me is that you need something slick to pull the tractor up the ramp into the trailer on. What we use in our snowmobile trailers is masonite hardboard screwed to the base plywood floor as the carbide runners eat up the plywood floors when running the sleds up the ramp into the trailer. Masonite is slick and tough enough to allow the sleds to slide up the ramp into the trailer without chewing it up. When it inevitably does need replacement down the road, just use the old sheets as templates and replace only those pieces that need it. It might work for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 11:53 am:

Some scraps of this newer composite flooring might work as well. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

You canít pull it with the low pedal half way down?
Take the spark plugs out and hand crank it with the low pedal down hard.
Some years ago at a car show a guy was unloading a Fordson and got the rear wheels down in a low spot, I forget the situation but he spent all afternoon trying to get the fordson started to back it out of the hole the rear wheels were in. I think the front was still on the truck or trailer.
Anyway it was a bad scene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

Pull the spark plugs, put it in low and crank it, might even be able to use high gear,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

If your going to slide it i would get a scrap dump truck/trailer bed liner.You could cut strips to cover half the wheel di install a chain on each end and slide either direction.Cheap,Tough,and sipplery.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 03:55 pm:

I've loaded more than one car using low gear and the starter. Works on modern cars as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration