26 Roadster Felt axle seal instillation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 26 Roadster Felt axle seal instillation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

I am installing new felt seals on my 26 Roadster and need to know the proper way to install them. Do you just grease the felt seal before installing it or is there more to it than that?
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

install outer bearing, then steel washer, felt seal, then metal retainer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

OK I have all that new and will grease the washer, grease the seal and instill the new retainer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfxWPsF4KhQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 09:39 pm:

Thanks She is all back together

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration