OT: shipping or drop shipping question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT: shipping or drop shipping question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

I need to get eight stools from Ohio to Oregon. As you all know shipping can cost an arm and a leg. Someone suggested to have them dropped shipped from there to here. Does anybody have any experience with drop shipping? Or have any shipping recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks,

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 08:41 pm:

Fastenal store to store.

It helps to have an account or know someone who does.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Wise III on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

I agree that Fastenal is a good choice as well, but your material MUST be secured on a pallet. That is the only way that you can ship with them, at least that is what they told me. I had four rims shipped by them from Arizona to Atlanta, GA., four cardboard boxes, secured to one pallet - worked great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:07 am:

Keith:
with Fastenal be aware that you are paying pallet rate a postage stamp attached to a 4x4 pallet will cost as much as 4 motor blocks attached to the same size pallet that is what was explained to me I have used Fastenal and been pleased with the results similar to our flat rate postage an empty flat rate box will cost as much to mail as the same box at weight limit package your goods to get the best value ...always an optimist Gene French

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration