Old Photo- Standard Oil Co Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo- Standard Oil Co Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 07:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 08:16 am:

It looks like the attendant is passing the hose through the side curtains to someone inside who would be filling the tank under the seat. I would think the smell of gasoline inside the car would be pretty strong.
The window display is interesting.
Rich

(Message edited by rich eagle on July 03, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JASON, on the lake on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 08:40 am:

The guy in the coat looks a lot like Thomas Edison.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 08:56 am:

I think it's the attendants first day and the boss told him to fill up the car with gas so he is!

There were several pagoda style stations in my home town but they are all gone now. I think they called it progress but I called it destroying history.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:21 pm:

Note that in later years this would be marketed as a "Chevron" station, as the owner is an independent owner, not a Standard Company owned station.
Must be pretty cold, the radiator has a cover on it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration