Pickup Bed Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Pickup Bed Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Como on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 08:43 am:

All,
I am installing the wooden floor in my 26 RPU. Does anyone know the orientation of the metal plate that covers the rear axle?

Thanks,
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 09:40 am:

The hump plate is a rectangle, the wider side is the width, approx. 11".

The hump plate is riveted to two of the bed strips too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Como on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:42 am:

Thanks Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

Ooh, pretty wood--now don't forget to cover it with paint!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:49 am:

Thank you David. You beat me to it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

You purists!

FYI...I did cover the wood when I restored the '26 runabout pickup....used a 10% mix of Dupont Centari 99A gloss black paint with the spar varnish!

Looks to me same as this factory parts catalog picture :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Como on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 08:13 am:

Dan,
Do the metal strips lay flat as they go across the hump plate? The plate I have is slightly higher than the wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 09:51 am:

Gary

Yes, the hump plate should be flush with the bed, the metal strips should lay flat the length of the wood bed boards.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration