1926 choke/mixture rod knob

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1926 choke/mixture rod knob
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:12 am:

I was careful to note the orientation of the hole for the choke rod knob when removing the knob before shortening the rod for use in a depot hack. I failed to note the orientation of the knob to the far end of the rod. Given that there is a 50/50 chance of being right, I'm 100% sure I'll get it wrong if I guess. If I rotate the rod all the way counterclockwise, what direction should the knob point?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:32 am:

Put the knob on wherever you choose. It doesn't matter. I like the tab facing down in the run position.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 11:00 am:

Like Larry said, it doesn't matter. I think I had mine the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Mine is about 1 o'clock for closed and whatever it needs to be to run. I bet Ford never had a standard way that they built them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 11:34 am:

I have to adjust my mixture based on air and humidity levels. Typical warm summer day, I run 1.5 turns to open. But on a cool moist morning like yesterday, I ran 1.25 turns. I normally have it so it is pointing down at 1.5 turns. It just helps it from self adjustments due to vibrations

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

Gee it's just an index mark so ya know how much you've turned it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Mine is at 5 oclock on choke.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration