OT - Freak out about spam here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Freak out about spam here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Somebody is bound to lose it over those counterfeit money spam threads that went up this morning so here you go, I made you a thread for it.

Side note - if you can make undetectable counterfeit bills, why bother selling them? Just use them to buy stuff. Spending it in the US might be a little dicey but here, pick a more lax country from this list to retire in with your infinite dollars:
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/040915/countries-use-us-dollar.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Keller on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 11:39 am:

I have no problem with them posting on this site selling counterfeit money. As a matter of fact, I just purchased $900 million "worth" of it....... On a side note, does anyone have an all original, unmolested, mint 1909 Model T they would be interested in selling? I will pay "cash" with all large "bills". I just think one would fit nicely in the garage of the mansion I just purchased and to drive around while I'm not on my new yacht!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 11:51 am:

Keith, Would one with an engine number of 11 fit the bill?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

Heck, why not get a yacht large enough to drive your '09 T around on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Keith,
Since you have purchased so much... Could you send me a sample of about $500,000 and please include a couple of genuine $100 dollar bills so I may compare them for accuracy.
Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

Unlike most diseases ignore it & it'll go away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

And here I thought we were going to talk about SPAM & Eggs--or was it eggs & SPAM? Hmm, maybe it was eggs, eggs & SPAM, or SPAM, SPAM & Eggs. or. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:21 pm:

I would be curious to know if there is any warranty involved here? They say it is not detectable....but what if it is? Do I get my money back? Do I get THEIR money back? Would they just transfer the funds into my bank account if I gave them the routing numbers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

I think if you give them your bank account number you do not even have to pay in advance. That's really a great deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 12:44 pm:

I wouldn't bet on it going away; at least soon. This !@#$%&*&%$#@! has MTFCA's attention and they're going to play with it as long as they can. They don't care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 01:00 pm:

Keep in mind that this is High Quality counterfeit. Not the mediocre, shoddy stuff we are used to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 01:34 pm:

This is slightly OT, but I went to a movie Saturday night. As usual, I paid for my ticket with twos, and it happened again. The poor young thing selling tickets had to ask her manager if she was allowed to take them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

Chris will take care of it, as he always does. Just keep comments in this thread and don't add to theirs.

I'm with Rich on this one. I can't abide shoddy counterfeit bills.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

If you get cought with the fake money out of the country, who is going to bail you out of jail. Will the sellers stand behind their product? Is it really worth the risk? Just thinking! Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:06 pm:

The return on investment with the funny money isn't always face value, hence selling it.
My neighbors printed some of their own, didn't look real. Hmm... the police took them away a few days later. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

UM SPAM! I had some fried Spam the other day! Wow it is Good!
Hal,didn't see ye at Denton! At least by seeing your post here I know you are still kicking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:09 am:

Two counterfeiters get out of prison after 30 years. Printing business has completely changed now, all computerized. Pretty soon they run out of "getting out" money as they can't find a job.
"I'm gonna fire up ol' Betsy" says one.
"No way, I don't want to go back in the slam" says the other.
"No, I got this figured out, we'll print $12 bills, they can't put us away for that, it's not real money!"
"Bright--guy, so what do we do with these $12 bills, then?"
"Well, you notice how they've changed all the money now?"
"Uh, yeah. . ."
"So we print these $12s up, go up in the mountains and tell folks it's the new Government money."
"Well. . . .If you're sure they can't put us away, it might be worth a try."
So they print them up, and head to the hills where they stop at a little rural general store. The first guy goes in and says, "Hey buddy, can I have some change?" and throws a $12er on the counter.
"SURE!" replies the storekeeper and opens the till. "You want $3s or $4s?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 06:19 am:

I got a counterfeit $100.00 bill early this year, first time ever. I think it came from a swapmeet member that no doubt had no idea where it came from. I didn't know it until I took it to the bank to deposit it along with several other $100.00 bills a few months later. They found it when they ran the bills through their machine. I gave him a call for a heads up. Hope he got the call. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 07:50 am:

Steve, I'm really beginning to like you....

I'll go to our local bank and purchase $20 worth of $2 bills, specifically to mess around with younger clerks in the big box stores. I consider it more of an education than a prank though, as most of these kids have a miserable background in history these days.

I've even carried $2 bills to swap meets. There, model T related.............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 08:47 am:

I play with $2.00 bills once in a while, never yet found anyone that knew what they were. My deceased Brother used to cash his expense check into $2.00 bills, spent them all over America in his travels. He and I both used to get a hand full of silver dollars on trips through Denver, they were very popular to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 09:48 am:

There was a time when you could get $2 bills in uncut sheet of 4 or 16, it was fun to take a sheet to a bar and cut off a bill or two to pay the tab (I know, it has been a long time since you could buy a beer with $2) I took a sheet of 4 bills to my bank once and asked the teller if they were OK, as I had just printed them and wanted to make sure they would pass. She almost passed out.
On the other side of the joke, it has not been that long ago, as school girl in Texas was arrested for paying for her school lunch with a $2 bill. I would hope that the school and local police department would be paying for her school lunches for the rest of her life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:16 am:

I have a Clinton $3 bill - does anyone remember who he was ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Rich, some guy whose wife refuses to go away.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:58 am:

Rich, That Bill Clinton $3.00 bill; isn't Three, spelled TWEE?

Back to the original post; LifeLock offers a $1M guarantee against identity theft. I wonder if these Jokers have such a guaranty of their funny money in case its not as good as they claim?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration