27 TT Body Number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 27 TT Body Number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant J Barlow on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 04:39 pm:

Just out of curiosity, did Ford put numbers on their bodies? I found my frame number, and I know where the engine number should be (I have been told my engine is a replacement as it doesn't have a number), so if there is a body number, where would it be? I have the standard cab on my truck.

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

There will be no vin number on the body. Frame only and engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

Grant,

The short answer for a 1927 is "NO" Ford USA did not put a number on the body indicating what style body or who made the body.

However, a few of the Ford USA and all the Canadian and the one Australian Ford assembly plant did put an Assembly Plant number on the bodies starting around 1926. So a 1927 Canadian or Australian produced T or TT usually has an Assembly Plant number. Unfortunately the USA did not really adopt the process of stamping an assembly plant number onto the body until the introduction of the Model A Ford in late 1927 for the 1928 model year.

Please see the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/606793.html?1461808340 for further information on where to look. Remember -- so far I have only relieved an Assembly Plant number for a few late USA produced Model T's. So it was not that common for the T.

If you want information on numbers that the body suppliers stamped onto the 1906-1923 bodies please see the posting “Home for the Holidays” at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html

And if you or anyone else locates some body manufacture's numbers (1906-1923 -- possibly later for any body supplied by an outside body maker) or Assembly Plant numbers, please let me know. A posting could work -- but sometimes I miss those. A private message through the forum usually works or click on my name at the beginning of this posting and it brings up my profile. My e-mail is the 3rd line down.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration