Stayfast Top Material

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Stayfast Top Material
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 05:14 pm:

Has anyone tried the Stayfast Top kits from Classitque ? Good...bad ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:47 am:

Is this a name Mike dreamed up? As far as I know, he is using the standard T top material from Haartz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:58 am:

It just came to me. The top material Classtique is using is called Turf Grain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:05 am:

Stayfast is a different Haartz product line and apparently Classtique offers tops in this material as an upcharge:

https://www.classtiqueupholstery.com/images/PDF/2016/1909_to_1927_Model_T_Open_C ar.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:06 am:

Larry, Haartz calls it Stayfast also. Is it more of a canvas type materiel? Classitque sells it in tan and black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:32 am:

Gary,

Yes, it's a canvas/cloth material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

Thanks Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Gary, is this what your asking about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

Yes Dallas ! I think that would look great on my 26 Roadster !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 01:59 pm:

I really like it. It was cold when I installed it and no wrinkle problems. Classtique makes a great top. I did not want a shiney black top on my rusty farm truck so this was perfect. I wanted one since 1st seeing Dean Yoders truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 02:40 pm:

Dallas...is the back removable on that cover ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

It is a roll up flap. I love it. Makes a nice place for my extra led lights for night driving. No need to put the top down with the roll up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

Thanks Dallas. I'm restoring my Roadster and it'll be a while before I get around to buying a top...I'm missing the irons and bows also $$$$$$$$

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

Dallas - My '23 roadster/pickup has a top exactly like that and I really like it. Looks good and as you say, there's no need to put the top down with the large roll-up flap.

Some time ago, someone requested a photo of my '23 roadster pickup with that top. (.....a Mr. Osterman maybe?.....can't quite remember). Anyway, maybe if he (or whoever) reads this post, he could post the photo my wife sent him. She was just barely able to do that, but doesn't know how to post photos on this forum. Hey,....we're in our mid '70's and lucky to know how to use the computer at all! (:^) ......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

Dallas - My '23 roadster/pickup has a top exactly like that and I really like it. Looks good and as you say, there's no need to put the top down with the large roll-up flap.

Some time ago, someone requested a photo of my '23 roadster pickup with that top. (.....a Mr. Osterman maybe?.....can't quite remember). Anyway, maybe if he (or whoever) reads this post, he could post the photo my wife sent him. She was just barely able to do that, but doesn't know how to post photos on this forum. Hey,....we're in our mid '70's and lucky to know how to use the computer at all! (:^) ......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:20 pm:

.....boy,....I sure know how to "double-post" though,.....hate when that happens,.....sorry,.....harold

P.S. On this one, there was some sort of "time-lag" in the process, and I didn't think it posted the first time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

Harold, I'd love to see that photo ! Don't worry...I have a terrible time posting pictures...and I'm just 54 !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

Gary - I did some checking and it was Mark Osterman that my wife sent the photo to. Mark is a very active forum participant, and perhaps if he reads this, he would be so kind as to post that photo we sent him:

Mark Osterman, are you out there? If it's not a lot of trouble, could you post that photo of my '23 roadster pickup and matching trailer that we sent you awhile back? Thanks in advance,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

Mark Osterman - Are you out there Mark?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 02:02 pm:

Hi Harold,

I'm here. Just got back from Ireland. I did have that image ... before I lost my ipad on an Air France flight last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

Aaaa,......sorry to hear that Mark. No big deal about the photo, but sure sorry to hear about your loss of the iPad. Would like to think that the airlines "lost & found" dept might come through, however, human nature being what it is,....I suppose it's more likely that somebody now has your iPad. And probably the worst loss to you is everything you had on it, right? In the meantime, thank you for the response,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

Mark, most cabin crews go through the whole airplane between flights, including cleaning out unwanted stuff from the seat back pockets. I once left my own iPad in an airplane and was able to get it back right away. If you haven't already spoken with Air France, I recommend you at least give it a shot. Try and have your seat number available since in my case that was how it was ID'ed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

I did my Montana 500 car that way and I love my top. It has been on now for seven years.

drd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 03:30 pm:

Nice Tom !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

Here is Harold Schwendeman's Model T truck with Stayfast top....looks great Harold..thanks for sending me the photo.

application/octet-stream
RAW (75.0 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

Harold, that truck and trailer are sweet. Thanks Gary for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

Thanks so much Gary! (....gosh, I wish I had the computer skills that you guys have!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 05:37 pm:

Tim, We have tried Air France but they have a system that never gives you an actual human with whom to speak. Very frustrating. We have it set up so that if anyone opens it up our contact info appears. If people try to use it on line it wipes all information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

Your welcome Harold ! I hope my 26 Roadster turns out as nice !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Very nice indeed Harold!
If unsure to press a funky looking button/future reference.
It looks funky on my 'puter.

Harold's T

It looks cooler under those tops... :-)

(Message edited by duey_c on July 05, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 04:12 am:

Thanks again Gary (and Duey) for posting the picture of my roadster pickup and trailer. I feel that I should explain that I cannot take credit for this neat little rig as it was built by the late (R.I.P.) Bob McDonald, and I bought it at his estate sale. Bob McDonald you might remember was the "T" guy from Federal Way, Washington that was extremely knowledgable in the area of Model T snowmobiles. He passed away quite suddenly and unexpectedly about three years ago and in my estimation, a very great loss to the Model T Ford community. He did a wonderful job on this little "T" (and trailer) as it runs as good as it looks, and I feel honored to be it's new owner,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 10:16 am:

The most famous T man from Federal Way, Washington was Otis Clinton. He probably passed away 10 years ago. He was an institution up in that area, and was an expert machinist to boot! He made lot's of early T parts for the hobby, especially triple gear pins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 11:58 am:

I know black is correct, but when and if I get that far, my 25 cut down will have a tan top. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration