Passing of Gary Smith

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Passing of Gary Smith
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

I received the following email a little while ago:

"It is with great sadness that we must notify you of the death of Gary Smith, founder of Smith and Jones Antique Auto Parts, Inc. As you may know, he had been in declining health for some time. We remain committed to his vision of preservation and enjoyment of antique vehicles, as well as his dedication to providing excellent service."

OBITUARY

CAYCE - Gary Preston Smith, 78, of Cayce passed away Thursday, June 28, 2018. He was born in Newberry SC on July 7, 1939 to the late Harold and Elise McElroy Smith. Gary graduated from USC School of Business. He was a member of the Sandlapper Club, Palmetto Chapter of the Model A Club and the Cayce Masonic Lodge. Mr. Smith retired from Smith and Jones Antique Auto Parts. Surviving are his wife Margaret W. Smith of Cayce and his nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, July 1, 2018 at State Street Baptist Church with interment in Woodridge Memorial Park. The family will receive friends on Saturday, June 30, 2018 at Caughman-Harman Funeral Home West Columbia Chapel from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.

Memorials may be made to the State Street Baptist Church.

www.caughmanharmanfuneralhome.net

A great loss for the hobby; Gary was a true gentleman. I pray for the comfort of Davin, his Mom, and the rest of the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 07:02 am:

My condolences to his family and friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Van Meter on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 09:39 am:

Gary went out of his way to do for others. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to all of his family and all at Smith & Jones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

I always found Gary as a quite spoken and a true gentleman.
He will be missed by many Model T folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hobart Akin on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 06:05 pm:

Gary and Margaret were dear friends to Ramona and I. We first met them at Kanuga Conference Center in Hendersonville. NC for the annual Blue Ridge Riders Tour. They always brought a trailer load of parts to help those in need of parts to keep their Ts running. For the past several years both Gary and Margaret have attended Fall Tours in the East Tennessee area . Last year they were unable to attend due to illness. We will miss them and the hobby will miss them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

I like Hobart, first met Gary and Margaret at Kanuga for the Blue Ridge Riders tour years ago. I would see them up to Hershey also. Gary will be missed. My Condolences to all his family and the people at Smith & Jones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

Gary was a fine T person and always a friend. He will be missed by all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 12:51 pm:

Very sorry to hear that. It is always a sad day when we lose a fellow Model T/A hobbyist. I have been associated with Model T's since 1970 when I bought my 1926 Coupe and I am sorry to say, I have never, until now, heard of Smith and Jones Antique Auto Parts, nor have I ever seen it mentioned on the Forum (I have never accessed the classifieds), so I looked it up. If you want to look it up and possibly throw some business their way, the website is www.snjparts.com. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration