Inside choke for starter equipped 1914

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Inside choke for starter equipped 1914
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:21 pm:

For those of you with added starters on your 1916 and earlier cars, what did you do for the dash mounted choke? Did you use a bell crank on the firewall from a newer car and then a short rod thru the wooden firewall?
Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 09:59 pm:

Did my faux '09 a bit unorthodox, had added electric starter so for choke and carb adjustment, found the Improved Car set-up the way to go.

The repro stock carb knob is now on the end of the Improved Car combo choke and adj... easy to add to a Holley NH.

Late '25-'27 set-up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 11:21 am:

Thanks Dan. This looks like a good clean solution. Your pictures are very helpful.
Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

OK. So you have a straight thru NH carb on your 14. I have a U&J on my 14 runabout. But why do you have brass hood latches? The bling bling effect ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

I used a newer carb with the double choke lever on the carb. Then I took a 1/8 brazing rod and came up straight under the carb adjustment knob. Cut a notch in the floor board and put a hook on the top end and polished the rod. It stays standing straight and it looks good. I like Dan's setup also.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration