Sins of the Past - Sort of T Related

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Sins of the Past - Sort of T Related
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 04:09 pm:

How many of you can admit to this. My next birthday is 70. When I was 18, I was cranking up a 1930 Model A. My Dad always said crank with your non-dominant hand so if you break it, you always have your good hand!! Typical fatherly advice. He also let me use a .22 rifle at an early age to if I accidently shot myself, it wouldn’t leave as big a hole. So I was cranking the Model A, actually spinning it 360 degrees, Dad never taught me the 7-12 rule. The crank fell out of the sprocket and I had down hard at the 6 o’clock position with my thumb rapped around the handle. OUCH. Doctor said it was not broken, put my big-boy pants on and suck it up, back in 1967. Yesterday I was at the orthopedic doctor and he said I broke my sigmoid carpel bone back then and now have no cartilage on the carpel bones (with arthritis) and it is bone-to-bone on the carpels with the radius/ulna. So again take an Aleve (he meant 24/7) and suck it up. Or cut my PIN nerve, or if that doesn’t work, take out the carpels next to the radius/ulna (3 months to heal). Right now I am just ‘sucking it up’. Will just wait and see???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:40 pm:

Sounds like maybe it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion on what your options are. -And yes, Aleve is very good stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

I just meant this as a somewhat funny true story; but it still hurts. Now crank with the right hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

With my T, you would spend all day trying to start it by the 7-12 rule. Now 7-3 and it would start first time every time.

However now the engine is out due to too many crankshaft pieces.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration