Removing the Turtle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Removing the Turtle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

Ok, I have a 26 Runabout-Roadster that I need to remove the turtle. I already have the rear fenders and running boards off to get blasted. It looks like there are 4 bolts inside just behind the seat...will I need to remove the backrest fabric to get to a nut on the other side or are the bolts threaded into a fixed nut of some sort ? I've tried to turn the bolt from inside the turtle deck but it doesn't want to move.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 08:16 pm:

Those are fixed nuts depending how long they been in they could be rusted in use some penetrate oil on the bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

Thanks Bill...I'll try to use some penetrating oil.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration