Wrist pin bolt witch side + piston question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Wrist pin bolt witch side + piston question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

First off im biulding up a spare engine
Using old cast iron buckets as they are in great shape forgot witch side wrist pin bolt goes on
Cam side i think?
Second
Have 3 heavy and 1 light piston
Have enough old one might get buy with light ones
But rather not think this be an issue
Last motor i used 2 and two with no issues
I know befor you lecture me i should by new but just biulding a spare on the cheap using good used stuff
Piston clearances are very good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

You will have more vibrations with uneven weight pistons. They should all be light or all heavy. The bolt goes toward the cam shaft. The rods should also be equal weight.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

Rods are all light but i weigh them when i put them in still fitting the babbit
Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration