I'm confused, $250 sparkplugs?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I'm confused, $250 sparkplugs?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 07:08 am:

Saw these sparkplugs for sale online and can't tell if they're 10 at that price or just one.
https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Spark-425-10PK-Copper-Automotive/dp/B002VVOJZS
Didn't know real champion X had gone up in price that high...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 07:45 am:

This is kind of a general statement but to be honest I've never found a "bargain" on Amazon. I have, on 2 occasions, bought items I couldn't find anywhere else but Bargains ? No.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 08:11 am:

Kep,

The ad title states it's a 10 pack. That makes them $25 each.

Good Luck,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 08:13 am:

It's a 10 pack... so, 10 for the low low price of $250.... i.e.$25 each, but you likely can't purchase just 4, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 10:48 am:

When I tap on the add it says ....

$2.99 +$12.95 shopping ....?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 11:00 am:

I think the features listed in the description may apply to other Champion Plugs, but not the X. The price from Model T parts dealers is about $35 a plug, so the $25 each is a better deal. But I prefer to buy old ones at swap meets for $5 or less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 11:01 am:

They are about $25.00 each at NAPA. Just be sure they get the correct plug. There is a glitch in the NAPA parts system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

Rock Auto usually has the best prices, but their X plugs are $25.79.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

So they have 2 ten packs available. Excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

It is a "third party" seller, available through Amazon. You have to be careful of those "third parties". Although Amazon does supposedly guarantee the product and delivery? They do NOT guarantee the pricing! And, Delivery charges may apply even IF you are a "Prime" member. Often, with many products, such "third party" sellers will end up costing twice (even more! With added shipping costs, and I once found something I was looking for that was nearly five times!) the same item through Amazon themselves.
Many items, probably including such specialty spark plugs, are available from Amazon only through third parties. Some of those third parties are distressed stock or over-stock close-outs. I got some water filters through a third party that the packaging was terribly beat up, but the filters were fine. Since they were temporarily unavailable through regular stock at that time, I was happy with it.
I don't know why? But I suspect Amazon uses these "third parties" so that they can offer almost everything most of their customers can want without having to actually carry odd products themselves, and cover the stock and handling on items they wouldn't sell often. What really makes no sense to me? Is that with many products, they will carry it themselves, as well as have several "third parties" that also sell it. Sometimes, they seem to feature the over-price third parties ahead of their own listing. Often those listings that show first will have higher prices and more expensive shipping. You need to look closely, and often you have to search harder to find their listing. I have a few times checked the box for "Prime only" searches, and still gotten non-Prime responses. Some of those non-Prime responses will be a dollar less for the product, but with ten dollars more for shipping charges.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration