A Good One

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A Good One
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 10:12 am:

I was working on the computer. The TV was on in the background, but I wasn't paying any attention to it.

It had progressed to an old 1930's movie. One line rang out, "This is the greatest invention since Henry Ford invented the wheel!"

Made me laugh.... :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 10:17 am:

Didn't Henry also invent the automobile? That's what my second grade teacher Miss Shaw told us. She also said that New York City was the capital of New York State. No wonder I had so much trouble in college with teachers like THAT in grade school! :-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Maybe Miss Shaw went to the same school as my eighth grade teacher, Mrs. Campbell, who believed the old story that a hoop snake grabs its tail with its mouth and rolls along the ground like a wheel. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 10:44 am:

Is that a 30x3" snake, or a 30x3-1/2" ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Rich those snakes are universal fit. You just lay one out straight on your running board until you get a flat then wrap it around the rim and cinch it down like a zip tie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

My 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Markowski, told us that she found a dinosaur in her back yard.

What she didn't mention to my class in south Texas (not a place that has dinosaur bones) until the following week was that this was when she was living in Wyoming.

This was much to the chagrin of half the parents of that six grade class whose children went home that Friday afternoon and spent the entire weekend digging massive holes in their own yards.

My little sister and I excavated a hole that varied between two and three feet deep at took up most of the dirt floor of our barn. We were pragmatic and chose the barn because it had shade. Unfortunately for my dad, the barn also kept our amateur paleontology out of sight until we abandoned our search before supper Saturday night when we located, and cracked through, the sewer line that ran along the edge of the barn floor.

I can still hear my dad muttering unflattering things about kind Mrs. Markowski.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration