Generator and Battery in 1916 or older.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Generator and Battery in 1916 or older.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Reid on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

Iím using a 1915 coilbox with an aftermarket Yale/KW switch. Battery and Magneto wiring is no problem. To wire in a generator do I go to the battery wiring thru an ammeter? Seems to be the path on the electric cars thru the switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Reid on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 11:07 pm:

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for updating an older car to a generator with out using a 1919 dash switch?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 11:08 am:

How are your lights wired in? I would run the line from the gen to the meter then to your battery connection. Then run a jumper to the light switch so it shows draw, just like a car with the dash switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 11:27 am:

You don't need a generator. Charging off the magneto requires no extra mechanical installations. The MAG charger is a simple addition and requires no change to the normal wiring.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG102.html

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on July 06, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Reid on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Generator to ammeter, ammeter to battery and a jumper off the battery to the light switch. I am using the electric car harnesses and terminal block, with a 15/16 coil box. Basically just eliminating the switch since I donít have a dash.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration