Water

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Water
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 06:12 am:

Water is an absolute wonder. Provided by our Creator, it courses thru our veins, quenches our thirst, washes our bodies, homes and the world itself when it rains. Nothing on earth can stop the destructive power of water- be it a teeny little drip or a mighty torrent. Containing this God-given liquid inside a continually deteriorating alloy such as brass, subjecting that brass to continual heat cycles and unending vibration is a recipe for disaster. The owning of or friendship with a radiator of any make, type or application is a sure route to disappointment down the road. When owning and operating an antique car of any make, make sure to throw a buck in the bucket every time you crank it, down the road those dollars will just about pay for that radiator's replacement. Radiator failure is the way of the world. Nothing based on brass and water will ever turn out any different. My observation after changing radiators for most of my working life- ''I wouldn't sell radiators to the general public for all the money in the world''. It is a thankless business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 06:41 am:

Gary, it sounds like you need to look for an air-cooled Franklin. I'm betting all your horseless carriages are air-cooled, right?

Just kidding. Done anything else horseless carriage lately?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 07:50 am:

If radiator failure is the way of the world and you've been changing them your whole life than it sounds like a lucrative business not a thankless one☺

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 08:29 am:

Well written and very clever. -A good read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 04:48 pm:

Tommy my REO truck is diesel powered with a real radiator.. lol I've changed hundreds of radiators in wrecked cars and quite a bunch of failed ones. I've never heard of a buyer happy with a radiator price or happy with the length of service they received from a failed radiator. ha Radiators are looked at like a non-consumable items such as a tranny or rear end, not an item with a service life with a non-repairable end.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration