Greenfield Village Tutorial and Drive- nice!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Greenfield Village Tutorial and Drive- nice!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

This has to be one of the best videos on driving the Tin Lizzie from a back-seat. But I have a question:

Does anyone know, if Greenfield Village mechanics use a stock muffler on T's? That's such a nice exhaust sound on tape and in person.

Thanks,
Jim

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdn15lL0OI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

Very well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 06:42 pm:

I looked at a couple, they had different ends on the mufflers. They looked like the cast ends Langs sells or even like they had deflectors on the outlets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

Geez, the place looks deserted! Never seen it so empty. Cant wait till OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 01:30 pm:

They probably use the exhaust deflector to avoid heating up the rear axle since those cars get run all day.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/4038ECL.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick-Ypsi, MI on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 11:26 pm:

That's a T100 centennial.

Patrick
Ypsi, MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chuck stevens on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 06:45 am:

I was out there in June and took a ride in one of their t's, asked a bunch of questions. I was told that they made a fleet of cars from scratch each costing $250,000 none to be resold. They have special rear axle gears, and throttle stops to limit top speed and make starting and stopping easier. Everything is new, engine block, all the internals... all it takes is money.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration