1914 Steel hood, not aluminum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1914 Steel hood, not aluminum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Has anyone ever seen a hood like this? It is steel, not aluminum, and has stamped handles. It also has the hood clip pieces like a 1915-16. It really looks like a 1916 without louvers. Is it an early aftermarket item?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

BTT. I probably should have gotten better photos, or cleaned it first, but has anyone see a hood like this? Maybe I shouldn't be surprised it is NOS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

I was under the impression that all Model T hoods were steel. No aluminum. Could it be for a different car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Hi Peter,

All Model T hoods were aluminum from the first and through 1915, changing to steel for 1916. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Wrong impression Peter, aluminum hoods, the 15/16 was steel with louvers, the encyclopedia gives the changes.
Could be an Canadian one?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration