Ford Owner's Manual Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ford Owner's Manual Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 12:52 am:

Are Model T Owner's Manuals unique to each year or was a particular manual used for several years?

Would there be a copyright 1924 Owner's (Instruction) Manual for my car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 01:07 am:

The only manuals for more than one year are 09-10 and 15-16. There's a different one for every other year, plus an early 1909.There are two for 1911. All the manuals are included on the McCalley encyclopedia disk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 09:23 am:

Gene,

Sent you an email.

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 09:48 am:

There is one that was printed in 1919, that pretty much covers all cars to 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 09:55 am:

Keep in mind, (actually you might find this out yourself), The procedures outlined in the "Black Bible" might seem a bit vague. The reason is, and get this, you were supposed to be familiar with the job you were doing. As in a Ford Mechanic. This only makes sense when you realize the book was written to hold over the dealer mechanic's head as in "what too you so long"? (note the times listed after each job). We use it today like a Motor's Manual and it's helpful in that respect but if something's not clear or explained well you're supposed to know the unwritten details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

The Encyclopedia is great. You can also find most of them Da Gunny's website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 03:38 pm:

I have a hard copy of, "The Car That Changed The World" and I have a Ford Service Manual reprint.
I would like an original manual to display with my car and an original copy of the Service Manual for the book case.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

Charlie B has it right about the most common T manual. It's assumed that you had mechanical aptitude when you worked at a dealership.
The owners manual that I have has basic advice about driving the car and adjustments the owner could do I bet more than a few could a lot of the repair work after a while. Especially those in the countryside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

Along with other suggestions and repair books go to google books and down load:

To 1916:
https://books.google.com/books?id=70mJeb_q19EC&printsec=frontcover&dq=model+t+fo rd+repair&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP4LHz4Y3cAhUEoYMKHU5VCRQQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=m odel%20t%20ford%20repair&f=false

To 1921
https://books.google.com/books?id=hSkuAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=model+t+fo rd+repair&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidm4O34o3cAhUY24MKHbzxC084FBDoAQg2MAM#v=onepage& q=model%20t%20ford%20repair&f=false

Dykes various years with the Model T supplement:
https://books.google.com/books?id=w9ftAgAAQBAJ&pg=RA1-PA1&dq=model+t+ford+repair +dykes&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtsOTx4o3cAhUB44MKHebVAXwQ6AEILzAB#v=onepage&q=mode l%20t%20ford%20repair%20dykes&f=false

All with information on repairs and hints.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

He is asking about the Owners Manual not the Service Manual and specifically the 1924 owners Manual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

Here is the 1924 Manual from Da Gunny's web site. It is worth a trip to see the plethora of Model T and Pre-Model T materials Gunny assembled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Hansen on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 02:48 pm:

Gene - You might want to look at this site. It has more manuals than I have ever seen in one place.

www.cimorelli.com

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 05:48 pm:

If you look closely, it is not called an owners manual. It is simply the Ford Manual. The hardbound Ford Service book is just that a repair manual. Two completely different books. The later manuals have a date on the last page, or next to the last page with the date. I'm not sure if there is a 1924 edition or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 09:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 10:18 am:

If someone has a '24 or '25 manual, I would like to see the date in the back of the book! Take a picture, and post it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

Larry, here is the last page in the 1924 Manual available on Tony Cimorelli's site:

1924 Manual Date

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

I am new to Model Ts, so please forgive my ignorance.
What are the chances of finding some original examples of the 1924 T Literature on Tony Cimorelli's site, when I go to Hershey in October?
Are prices very high for good original examples?

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 05:41 pm:

Gene,

The original manuals are out there and I found some for my '22 Coupe and my '27 Touring. Remember that Ford made thousands of Model T's and I'm sure extra manuals too. I find them on E-bay but read the fine print to make sure they are not reprints. Check the classifieds on the forum site too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Babitz on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

I bought a Ford service manual for $10 on Ebay (including shipping) from a public library. I expected a reprint, but it sure looks and feels old. How can I know if mine is a reprint? I'm using it in my garage, but it would be cool to know if it is original or not.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration