About 3 months ago I bought a 1915 touring. The car seemed to lack power in high gear. After some investigating I decided to pull the head. I noticed the exhaust valve on # 3 cylinder was not opening and closing at the proper times. I then learned that the adjusting bolt for the adjustable lifter was broken. I also noticed that all the cylinders had minor scoring. I removed the .060 high compression domed pistons and honed the cylinders. I ordered a new bolt for the lifter, new rings, and a gasket set and put it back together. I started it and found that cylinder 3 was not firing. That turned out to be a bad coil. It will be interesting to drive it with all four cylinders working.
While waiting for parts I decided to sand and buff the paint, which had a lot of dirt and orange peel in it. I have now done both front fenders, the top of the hood, the cowl, part of the hood former, the driver's side before the rear door and the driver's side splash apron. It has made a remarkable difference.
The pictures show how the paint looked before sanding and buffing, and after. I will go over it one more time with a finer polish to bring out the shine.
With a lot of elbow grease, rubbing compound and patience, you can get that finish as shiney as a mirror. Jim Patrick