Model T engine cutaway in motion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Model T engine cutaway in motion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 01:19 am:

Seen a few of these posted here, but not this one i think. She's a noisy girl, but still working away. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3liL4tL3RI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 01:38 am:

That Model T engine must be from , "The land down under", it runs backwards!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 10:10 am:

Yes, it's backwards. I wonder why.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 09:34 am:

Maybe the creator also works on Corvairs. They run backwards too, but thatís by design:-)

Did anyone else click the link and find their way to the discussion of the P51, and BF 109?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dan doughty on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

I have a model T engine that turns counter clockwise. It was power unit. The fan and crank ratchet are factory made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 06:42 pm:

I have heard that a Metz engine looks a lot like a Model T engine, but turns counter-clockwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

Hi Mark,

The Metz engine does have some resemblance to the Model T, although the block Is Not cast in one piece as the Ford is. The rotation is clockwise, same as a T. Bill

These two images are from a Metz parts book. If you look closely at the picture below, you will see, at the rear of the camshaft, the right angle drive for the oil pump. And yes, the rods have dippers; they splash through a dipper tray which is kept full by the oil pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:44 pm:

Thanks. Now I remember, it was a Brush engine that turned counter-clockwise, wasn't it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

Bingo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Yes,
brush ran counter-clockwise, reportedly to make it safer to crank with the right hand!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 02:59 am:

The flywheel / fan is very reminiscent of the Ford models NRS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 03:06 am:

Although wrong end of the engine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration