How do you remove chinese front axle bearing?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How do you remove chinese front axle bearing?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

A number of years ago you could not get a right front axle bearing from Timken, so I bought the chinese one. I forgot how I was able to install it and now I cannot get it out. As you can see it does not have indentations on the ring to help unscrew it from the front axle. It seems to be in there pretty tight.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

wire weld right on the china name the you can use a screwdriver to unscrew them out. or the fire tool,lol charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

Got charley. Small screwdriver worked. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

Rock Auto has the best prices for the front Timken bearings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

Just looked at the Rock Auto bearings on their website - interesting that one side costs five dollars more than the other side! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2837-38R.aspx

Re cost, it's been that way for many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:14 am:

On me ne the bearing inner sleeve is a little proud of the hub. I just put a vise grip on it and turned away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

With chopsticks...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 12:53 pm:

It's the one time when you're working on your car that you use the "Wong" wrench!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration