Wanted 23 Fordor front seat back or pictures, dimensions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Wanted 23 Fordor front seat back or pictures, dimensions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven King on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

I recently bought a 1922 titled Aluminum Fordor that runs well, but I only have the seat springs and maybe pedestal pieces for it. Would like to find the front seat back. Going to Iola car show this week and would like to know what I would be searching for. Maybe some dimensions? I have the back seat wood with the brackets that the back seat rest would clip into. 22 Fordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:55 pm:

I'm guessing that the seat may be similar to the '26-'27 seat. Here are some pictures of the Fordor seat. They mount directly to the "B" pillars and then bolt to the seat riser. There are wood strips at the bottom and along the top for fastening the upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

Another pic..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven King on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 08:54 am:

Don, Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures. I am going to visit a gentleman today who had a Fordor, body was nice and doors but wood completely gone, maybe he has some seat stuff left. There must be some type of cardboard back or wood panel that is bent around also?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 10:39 am:

I don't know if these will help, but here are some 1923 Fordor seat pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 10:51 am:

Steve, they look almost identical. The riser is the same as far as I can tell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven King on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

Steve, Thank you for the detailed pictures. I can now begin to piece together something to sit on. I did pick up the front seat pedestal with some carpet still attached at the Iola car show. It was good to see how the wood fit into that section.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration