Honeycomb radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Honeycomb radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By geoffrey mark on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

Was wondering what year the model t stopped useing honeycomb style radiator an went to the strips going across . Is the honeycomb radiators available ? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

Do my knowledge, all honeycomb radiators for model T's were aftermarket. I don't believe Ford ever produced one from the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

To my knowledge* sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By geoffrey mark on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

They look good , are they available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

There is a guy in Australia that makes quality honeycomb cores. His name is Greg Stevens. His website is www.ftrs.com.au. Hope this helps. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

Any old ones are usually not worth trying to use. The convoluted water path through the core seems to accumulate sediment and to not flow very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

My experience confirms Jerry's statement. I tried everything, but the honeycomb in my 1923 touring has been replaced by a new flat tube from Berg's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

I had Barney's honeycomb cleaned by a shop in Auburn. It looks great, but I haven't gotten Barney on the road yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

The honeycomb radiator on my Ď23 cools great! Iíve had minor leaks repaired over the years. I plan to buy a Bergís, as Steve did, this year at Hershey to keep as a spare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Reid on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

I believe Peerless was one of the companies that made aftermarket honeycomb radiators for Model Tís.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 11:57 pm:

I have a Hexcel honeycomb radiator that came with my car.

It appears to be in excellent condition, but I don't know for sure since I haven't run the car yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 08:13 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxt6EN-39Ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUhZClSWHu8

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration