Recent notice on forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Recent notice on forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 07:37 pm:

In the last couple of weeks I have been getting a pop up notice that says Website not secure ! when I get onto the forum. Anyone else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

It's true, my understanding is that Chris has chosen not to pay the cost (ransom?) to get the site certified as secure. Did I get that right, Chris? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

I get that when I type mtfca.com without the www in front of it. The full address doesnít give me the alert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 09:15 pm:

Sometimes I get it. Thatís normally a sign that the SSL certificate for the site is either expired or missing. -Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

No such notice here. Maybe it depends on which browser you're using.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

I don't get the pop up. This is the first I've heard of it and I check in multiple times a day and night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 05:29 am:

No notice here- I use Firefox with Adblocker. Multiple check-ins daily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 05:38 am:

None for me, unless you count the log in part where it warns me no SSL is used for the password. And the reason this is one of the few websites that actually runs smoothly is it doesn't have boatloads of SSL or other garbage.
Don't think there is any SSL at all....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 07:10 am:

I just use a log in and password unique to the site so if it's stolen it can't be used on my other accounts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 07:29 am:

I get it sometimes and not others. Sometimes, the firewall at work will let me access the forum. sometimes not. Sometimes it will block a particular thread and not others.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration