Sediment Bowl Screen Alternative

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Sediment Bowl Screen Alternative
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tinkering Von Klippinschtein on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:13 pm:

Hi MTFCA,
I found an inexpensive inline motorcycle fuel screen. Supposedly glass and aluminum construction (the hose fitting are not metal).The screen looks like it might be nylon of something. $8 and free shipping (yes it is Chinese:-)I'm going to try one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07C3YQWXY/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&co ndition=new
They are available on the amazon.ca site too.

This sediment bowl (glass) with screen, and shut off valve is affordable, $22.00 CAD. At the time of this posting though, it is not available on amazon.com but you might be able to have it sent using amazon.ca It comes from China. Somehow that seems sacrilegious but if you aren't concerned with being 100% authentic it is a cheap 'n easy fix delivered to your door.
https://www.amazon.ca/Sediment-Bowl-Assembly-Jubilee-Tractor-2N9155B/dp/B00ET8WR KU/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1531165983&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=inline+sediment +bowl

There are threads on this forum that recommend this type of replacement unit, either temporary or permanent.

tinkering

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 08:42 am:

Hope it works for you. I had one on my Centerdoor and took it off. It is no substitute for a clean gas tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 10:03 am:

This is what I used up near the carb. Mines a 24 so there was room. Might not be on a 26-27.

25311175 Corvette Filter Assembly Glass Bowl

https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Quality-Products-25311175-Corvette/dp/B018G7EPO0/ ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531231340&sr=8-1&keywords=Eckler%27s+Premier+Quality+Pro ducts+25311175+Corvette+Filter+Assembly+Glass+Bowl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 10:34 am:

The second one mentioned (the one that fits Ford tractors) is a fine unit. Typical of Amazon, it's shown upside-down. Its inlet is 1/2" pipe threads, and it screws directly into a Model T tank. Opening the valve one turn gives you all but the bottom 1" of fuel, and opening it further gives you the remainder. The idea is, it's enough to get you home from the "back forty" if you run out of gas while plowing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration