Old Photo - Texs Truckers Ass'n Gas Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Texs Truckers Ass'n Gas Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, July 09, 2018 - 11:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 08:32 am:

The passenger in that car sure was in a hurry to get to their "certified clean" restroom!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 08:34 am:

Wow did I ever read the thread title wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 09:24 am:

LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 11:52 am:

i have one of those pumps,i been trying to figure how the nozzle hanger works for a long time now.thanks jay!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

Head gaskets hanging in the window.

I remember my grandfather talking about how pulling a head on a Model A or T, and cleaning off carbon, lapping valves, etc, was almost considered routine maintenance.

Now that I've started messing with T's, I can see what he was talking about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 12:35 pm:

Another little observation...

One of the smaller drums in front of the building has a rock under it. At one of the refinery labs I do work for, they have drums of Toluene and Acetone that they use as solvents.

They keep some old 2x4's handy to prop up one side of the drums when they get low and they're trying to get the last bits out of them.

Betcha a dollar that's exactly what's going on there.

(Message edited by rustyfords on July 10, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

don that would work,but they dont seem to have it on the right side!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Charley, if it's like the ones I see at the refineries, there's a flexible hose that runs down to the bottom that usually ends up on the opposite side of the drum because it's a bit too long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 06:05 pm:

that would work,when we find them in the junk the hose is long gone ,lol.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

Charley,

Who is the maker and what model of those gas pumps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

bowser mod c-111.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

The 3rd drum, the small one, the wood is on the wrong side, bet it got water in it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration