Open car wiring, terminal strip to switch before 1926

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Open car wiring, terminal strip to switch before 1926
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 09:40 am:

Does anyone make the correct length harness that goes from the terminal strip to the switch? I will live with what I have, but seem the one size fits all that has been around for years is too long for most cars out there. I think they used the closed car as a sample so is much longer then needed for the majority of open cars being restored or re-wired. Just wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 11:26 am:

That is because the people that make the harnesses don't research what they are doing! I have the correct harness, with the Ford script tag in it in my 25. I had it custom made by a harness company out here in Redlands, California. They do beautiful work, but are two times more expensive than the catalogs. They made it from an original I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

Mark, I just recently bought all the wiring harnesses from Langs for my 24 touring and they are beautiful. The switch to terminal harness seems right length to me but im no expert. I think the company making them now has it right. And Larry, I took all those little script tags off my old harnesses and just slipped them into the cloth covering on each harness. It is a nice little touch Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 10:31 am:

The open cars use a shorter harness. The closed cars are longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Doug you will know for sure when you install it! :-)
Hope someone at this point is making them right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

I got both the lighting harness and switch harness new from Lang's for my 1927 speedster (which uses a 1927 cowl, so think of it as a roadster). The switch wiring harness is an okay length. A bit too long but nothing hanging far below the dash. The lighting harness, however... Is a bit too long at the area right below the terminal where all the wires are bundled together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 05:37 pm:

I did install it, it looks fine to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

Doug, good to know.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration