Front wishbones.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Front wishbones.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 03:59 am:

These two wishbones are part of my stash.

The top one is the typical under the axle job on all the 20s Ts. The lowest one is an above the axle type on the early cars. Note the difference in the yoke forgings. The 'legs' on the top later model one are much longer than those on the early one.
The shorter legs on the early one are bronzed into the tubes. On this one, one side also has a pin fitted. On another, both sides have two pins!

When I pieced together the parts for my 1917 shooting brake, I found a new-old-stock over axle yoke, but it has the later longer legs on the ball yoke. Which begs the question, "When was the change made?".

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 09:11 am:

Presumably these are Canadian cars, so the accompanying question is whether the changes were made at the same time on USA-produced cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 10:20 am:

They beefed up the early style wishbone in later years, and are much stronger.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration