Abbott & Costello

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Abbott & Costello
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

ABBOTT: Driving a Model T is simple, Lou. You just have to remember the names of the controls. You can drive a manual transmission, right?

COSTELLO: No problem, Abbott—I learned how to drive on a stick. So okay, where's the stick?

ABBOTT: Well, there IS no stick. You put your left foot to the floor and you’re in first.

COSTELLO: With my left foot.

ABBOTT: Right.

COSTELLO: No, you said “left.”

ABBOTT: That’s right: left.

COSTELLO: Well, which IS it?

ABBOTT: Which is what?

COSTELLO: Which is first?

ABBOTT: Your left foot.

COSTELLO: My LEFT foot.

COSTELLO: Right?

ABBOTT: No, left.

COSTELLO: Left.

ABBOTT: Right. And when you lift your foot, you’re in second.

COSTELLO: So, there’s no stick?

ABBOTT: No stick.

COSTELLO: Okay, what about the clutch?

ABBOTT: The clutch is the pedal on the left.

COSTELLO: Good, at least THAT'S normal.

ABBOTT: The gear-shift is the clutch.

COSTELLO: What? Let me understand this; the gear-shift is the CLUTCH?

ABBOTT: Except for reverse.

COSTELLO: And where’s THAT?

ABBOTT: Middle pedal.

COSTELLO: So the brake is really reverse.

ABBOTT: I guess you could say that.

COSTELLO: I just DID say dat!

COSTELLO: WHAT’S right?

ABBOTT: Right is the brake.

COSTELLO: But shouldn’t that be the gas pedal?

ABBOTT: Well, that pedal actually makes the car stop.

COSTELLO: WHAT? You say the gas pedal makes it STOP? Well, if the gas pedal makes it stop, then what's that pedal in the middle?

ABBOTT: Reverse. Oh, and to put it in neutral, you pull the lever back to the middle.

COSTELLO: Okay—Well, at least that's normal—WAIT A MINUTE, ABBOTT! I thought you said there WAS no stick!

ABBOTT: Well, the stick is the brake.

COSTELLO: Hold it! You just said the brake was the gas pedal!—Then where's the gas pedal?

ABBOTT: That’s lever on the right side of the steering column.

COSTELLO: Oh! The gear shift!

ABBOTT: You shift gears with the left pedal.

COSTELLO: Yeah, the left pedal is the clutch.

COSTELLO: What?—But you said the right pedal is the brake.

COSTELLO: Okay!

ABBOTT: And when you want to shift into high, you push the big lever on the floor all the way forward.

COSTELLO: But you said that was the brake, Abbott.

IN UNISON: Right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 07:01 am:

THANKS BOB,
That made my day....Just funny stuff....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle , N.C. Triangle on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

SIMPLY FLAWLESS...The wording and the cadence....PERFECTION...I swear I could hear their voices in my head !!! Someone needs to turn this into a short skit at one of larger meets... THANK YOU BOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

After listening to those two, one can only come away with Ford having it all wrong!

Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration