Shifting ruckstell rear end

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Shifting ruckstell rear end
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george loranger on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 11:04 pm:

I am finishing up assembling a 1921 touring that has a ruckstell rear end. I have to fabricate a shift rod for a left hand shifter. The car is up jack stands. Can I run the engine and shift the axle to determine lengths throw on the bell crank and how much to cut out the floor boards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 12:43 am:

Might consider making what you call the "bell crank" somewhat too long, with a row of equally spaced holes to allow for eventual choice of which hole works best, and then just cut off the excess length of the "bell crank". FWIW,.....harold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration