How think should the padding be in a roadster top?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How think should the padding be in a roadster top?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 03:10 pm:

My 1915 roadster project came with an un-installed top kit. The kit included the top pads, but the actual padding seems a little thin. What is the recommended thickness for the padding?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Thompson Graham NC on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

the classtique top pads for my touring were about 3\4 or so

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

It was the same in the kit I used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

3/4" is a starting point, but you want to have enough in there so the top will flow smoothly.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration