Richmond swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Richmond swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

It was a fun and interesting day. Many interesting. Ts on display and lots of good stuff for sale. I did well selling and bought one thing I could use. A 1910 JB coil box with coils. Missing the switch, but I have the correct one with the Ford name. Also missing the cover, but I think
I have that will fit. The annex to the museum is full of Ts with aftermarket additions, such as a dump truck, a Snow Bird and tractor attachment. We are from Minnesota and it was well worth the time and$$ to make the trip. We left a few early Ford Times (1913-17) at the Library. They were duplicates from our collection.Again, it was a great day..

Darel and LaVerna Leipold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 10:15 am:

We are on way home. Thanks to all who made this meet a great success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

A special thanks to our CEO Susan Yeager, the chief organizer for Homecoming. Also a big thank you to Garry Houser. He has been the head of the swap meet since the first Homecoming and has done a fantastic job every year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Had a great time. Thank you MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

I'm on the way home as well, spending the night in Rolla, MO. I had a great time at the week-long tour and enjoyed meeting Darel and seeing lots of old friends. I'm taking home a few goodies I bought at the swap meet. I didn't need anything, of course, but I always go home with several parts. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

So nice to meet you Darel and LaVerna and especially thank you for the Ford Times donation. The Library collection continues to grow!

We are glad you made the trip and hope you will be back next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

Had a great time at the tour and the homecoming. It was nice seeing friends old and new. Kudos to the host clubs for finding fun roads and sights to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 09:18 pm:

Among a few other treasures, I picked up a 1913 Victor "1" driver side cowl lamp. It has a rear facing red lens larger than the small red jewel sometimes seen on other '13-14 side lamps.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

A big THANK YOU to Susan, Gary Houser, Jerry and Kim Kramer, and all the others who helped put on the Tour and the Homecoming Swap Meet. It was all lots of fun.

I enjoyed meeting Darel and LaVerna Leipold, Rich Chillingworth, Steve Hughes, and many others that I've not met before.

Also, I don't think there were many T's hauled in on the vulture wagon. Does anyone have information on that?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

Jerry said no Ts were brought in on the Trouble Truck on Friday.
The swap meet was good and virtually sold out. In the afternoon I visited Jay over in Centerville
All in all it was a great tour with real Model T roads, very patient modern drivers and many interesting places to visit.
Thanks to all who assisted in organizing a real excellent tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 09:37 am:

A big thanks to Sam Mendenhall for bringing up a large drum Ruckstell from Alabama and allowing me to pick it up in Richmond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 10:14 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 08:26 am:

Only one on the trailer with a blown radiator hose on Monday. It was fixed later and back on the tour. Drivers did a good job prepping their cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 09:10 am:

The TT picked up a nice 1913 pickup on Monday with a blown hose had an overhead motor and a Chevy water pump. It was new to the owner who was a little disappointed with the performance using the hand throttle but when he tried the foot throttle it came alive :-)
The water pipe had to make almost a 270 degree turn and was much more solid (and seemingly reliable) once we used a 5/16Ē wrench on the hose clamps rather than a screw driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 02:02 pm:

It turns out that the coil box I bought is not for a Ford, but for a 1909 Cadillac. I will put in on the HCCA wed site (with pictures). There are a good number of 1909 Cadillacs in existence, so someone may need one. In the photo above, the two pair of Victor #2 are still available. The distributor comes with gears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

I picked up Florida Flying Ronís Roadster Pick Up Monday at lunch time - the guys rallied & pushed it on the trailer.

It was looked over - the decision was made to trailer it back to Mark Atkinís house.

Ron & Dean gathered parts at OíReillyís.

Repairs were started in the parking lot.

Ron & Dean went at it.

We moved over to the Motel 6 parking lot to finish up.

Got done - Dean was introduced to another guy needing assistance.

Tony showed up - I introduced him to Ron & suggested they go for a ride - Ron found the accelerator..... :-)

FJ

(Message edited by enclosed_ford_transport on July 18, 2018)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration