1914 Emergency Brake lever,

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1914 Emergency Brake lever,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

When did the emergency brake lever change from a cast pawl to stamped metal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

Encyclopedia states 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

Thanks Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 09:43 pm:

The earliest pressed steel cam brake levers have the woodruff key in the handle portion where the yoke meets the brake lever like a cast cam brake lever has. My car around 700,000 serial number has one that I can account for since new. Then on the other hand my good friends 16 roadster a brass radiator car has a cast cam brake lever. We can account for that car since new too. His car is almost at the end of brass radiator production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

My 14 Touring and the 15 Speedster both have the cast cam. My 09 did not so I spent some time looking for one. It took quite a while, one was a gift and the second $75. One of them even has the keyway, so thatís going on the 09.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration