Valves and bearing checks ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Valves and bearing checks ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 09:00 pm:

At what point in a rebuilt engine life should I be thinking about checking the valve clearances and bearing? What speed does most t like. Mine seems to Cruise around 35 but seems rather noisy. Quiets down below that. Am I push it to hard?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

Neil, how many miles do you estimate you have on your rebuild? Also, what do you mean by noisy, tappet noise? My T is happiest at about the 30-35 range, so i think 35 will never be a problem for you, T's are pretty tough. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 10:00 am:

Maybe 300 miles on it so far. No rapping or knocking just general engine noise. Iíll see if I can post a video of it running.
Pulls nice up to around 42 then runs out of carburetor. Not bad for for a stock motor running a Holly G. 35 itís much happier.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration