26 Hood Value?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 26 Hood Value?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 07:01 pm:

Hey all, Iím looking at buying a used hood for my Ď26 but have no idea what price is fair. What should I expect to pay, or what kind of offers should I make?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

I was looking to buy one a while back and I think a full hood in good condition was around $200-$250. Keep in mind if you want perfection, a new rootlieb one is pretty much the same price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

There is one on Ebay now for $289.99 or best offer. If I was going to give that much, the hood, especially the hinges, had better be perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 10:06 am:

When I've had extra parts to sell, I'll try finding what new replacements would be priced at, and depending on condition, put the price at about half. Parts would sell reasonably soon, then protected & packaged for shipping as if I was going to be on the receiving end. Communicate with your seller or buyer beforehand! Eliminate the surprises and promote some friendly good will.

It's Summertime - 'Enjoy a Sweet-T with your Sweetie!'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 11:36 am:

I was thinking of starting at 200 and going up a bit if need be. The one I have in mind right now would have to be bought sight unseen and picked up by a (non-T) friend. Iíve seen some pics and it looks decent; hinges look to work and the louvers all appear straight. Much nicer than some of the local hoods Iíve looked at.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Keller on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 11:55 am:

When purchasing a 26-27 hood, be careful so you don't unknowingly purchase a Model A hood by mistake or someone "mistakenly" thinking it is a T hood. Happened to me when I first got into this hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

I have a 1926 hood. I can get it out, take some pics and a condition report. Itís shiny black. Probably $150 would take it, tmorsher@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 07:55 pm:

Tim, I emailed you about the hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

Hey Tim, the hood I was looking at didnít work out so Iím all for yours if itís in good shape.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration