Semi tubular rivet for top bow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Semi tubular rivet for top bow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 08:07 pm:

I asked once before .. but never really got a complete answer. I need a source and part number for the semi-tubular rivet used to secure the front bow to iron. I got solid ones but would rather use the hollow type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 09:58 pm:

Try these folks:

https://www.rivetsonline.com/rivets/semi-tubular-rivets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 10:45 pm:

Right. But instead of guessing the grip range Id like to hear from anyone who has actually ordered them from that source and found the right ones for this application.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 12:21 am:

Mark, as far as I know, the rivet is hollow only a little short of the materials to be riveted. Put another way, if your bows are 1" thick where they fit into the iron, the rivet will be solid for almost that 1" The hollow end is only to facilitate peening over the end without heavy hammer blows. typically such rivets are used where the material being riveted is prone to splitting, eg, wooden hood bows and brake linings.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 07:07 am:

LOL ... OK thanks Allan. Yup, Ive used semi-tubular rivets ... just thought Id ask rather than guesstimate. Hate to purchase and pay for post for almost the right hardware. Must be someone who has purchased these for a rebuild in the last year or two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Mark: I have them, and used to sell them to Langs, but they opted for the solid ones which are not correct. If you need a set let me know how many you need. The roadster set is $2.25 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Larry .. thanks ... just sent you an email.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration