What's that Ding? Ding? Ding?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What's that Ding? Ding? Ding?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

When diving over about 32 MPH I heard an intermittent dinging sound, like light metal hitting against something solid. I couldn't imagine anything inside the engine or transmission that would make such a sound. It seemed to be coming from under the floorboards. So today I went exploring. I found a couple of the fan blades were shiny metal on the end, not painted. I gave the adjusting bolt a turn to raise the fan a hair. With the fan no longer hitting the crank ratchet, the ding is gone. Sometimes things are hard, and sometimes they're easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 12:45 am:

Steve, Congratulations on your find and thanks for sharing.

Joe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration