Cleaning spark plugs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Cleaning spark plugs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 05:34 pm:

I don't know why I never thought of this before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 06:16 am:

Keith, that is brilliant. How did the result turn out? Any before and after photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george loranger on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

Keith, I would be interested in how this worked out. What did you do after spraying the plugs? I use oven cleaner on greasy parts an it works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 01:19 pm:

Lye based oven cleaner such as what you are using will strip cadmium and zinc plating. (I know from personal experience that it will strip zinc plating). If those are Champion A25, the oven cleaner can strip the zinc plating.

I don't know if it will strip the oxidized/blued finish on Champion X, Champion 25 and the modern Motorcrafts, etc.

Won't hurt chrome plating.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration