Veteran's Day Weekend Museum Event! WWI Model T Help!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Veteran's Day Weekend Museum Event! WWI Model T Help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Niescior on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 07:32 am:

Hello everybody!

My name is David Niescior, and I work at the Old Barracks Museum in Trenton, NJ. On November 10th, the Museum will be hosting a special event, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of the Great War, and the Barracks' wartime role as the headquarters for the New Jersey Red Cross. The event will involve guest speakers, interpretive guides dressed in First World War period clothing, and kids activities related to the efforts of the Red Cross during the War.

We would very much like to host a Model T and owner to help us with presenting the huge cultural and economics changes that occurred between 1914-1918, many of which because of Ford's machine. We'd especially like to host a car in Army paint, but any 1908-1919 Model T would be of immense help. We, of course, would not require you to drive your car anywhere, or give rides or the like (unless you want to!*) but instead to simply park on our parade ground between 10-5:00. There is parking immediately adjacent for a trailer, and we would be glad to accommodate you with anything else you might need.

Here is the event page from last year's event:
http://www.barracks.org/wwi-commemoration.html

Information about the Barracks:
http://www.barracks.org/history.html

If you have a Model T from 1908-1919 that you would like to help us out with, please email me at: dniescior @ barracks.org. (delete the spacing before and after the "@", just trying to avoid spam).

Thank you!

* Downtown Trenton is very quiet on weekends, and I've driven my Packard around the area quite happily!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 05:59 pm:

What year Packard?
Sorry, I am too far away to be of any help to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 05:54 am:

David posted the same last year although he did post late for this event not one really responded with a car. Anyone in the Jersey Trenton Philadelphia area, this is a worthwhile event even though it is in November.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Just as a suggestion, I'd drop the 1909-1919 requirement and make the request for a Model T, period. The likelihood of someone spotting a 1925 masquerading as a 1918 is pretty slim (unless it's someone from this forum). In their mini-series "A Will of Their Own," NBC used my 1924 in several scenes depicting the year 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Niescior on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 01:00 am:

That's a fair point! I'd be glad to have any pre-'26 T on hand to help us with our programming, so long that it could pass for a wartime car. If anybody has such a car and is willing to make the trek to Trenton in November, we'd be very happy to have you!

Wayne- It's a 1930 726. Very fun driver!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Ah! Here we go again! What's wrong with 27 T's? Everyone seems to exclude them from their, "reindeer games".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 04:48 pm:

1930 Packard. Nice. A longtime friend (that I unfortunately have not seen in almost ten years :-( ) got one about three years ago. Great car! I hope to see his one day soon.

I do hope you can post some pictures here of your event after Veteran's Day.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration