Summer Canceled! :-(

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Summer Canceled! :-(
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

Been a little under the weather lately. -I managed to herniate a third disc in my spine and this has really put the kibosh on things like attending car shows or even driving my Flivver. -But, between the epidural injections and physical therapy, the doctors have cut the pain in half and things continue to slowly improve. -They hope to put off an eventual fourth spine surgery for a year or two. -Meanwhile, if things keep improving, maybe in a week or so, I'll fire up the my '15 Touring (retrofitted electric starter) and see how I feel after a short drive.

My seat cushion was re-upholstered with foam by a previous owner, but I'm thinking maybe a less spine-jarring ride would be possible if I could find a stock spring-cushion seat-bottom somewhere. -Any ideas on where I could get a hold of one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

Bob,

Give Snyder's a call. Don and family have been doing it forever.

Get better,

Hank in Tin-A_see

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 06:36 am:

Don't ignore the benefits of physical therapy. As a chronic pain sufferer I've learned to mostly live with it thanks to allot of help from others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 06:52 am:

So sorry to hear that you are incapacitated Bob. Itís really frustrating to be in pain and wanting to ďget out there.Ē I had sciatica creep up on me a couple of months ago. So incredibly painful and frustrating. Through therapy, some muscle relaxers and use of an inversion table, Iím much better. Driving my rubabout is one of my joys and general stress reliever and Iím am so thankful to be able to drive it to work every day. I think the vibration and high angle pedals have actually been part of the sciatica therapy. Hang in there and keep stretching and moving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 06:58 am:

One discectomy was enough for me, canít even imagine what youíre going through. Hang in there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:22 am:

Nothing more frustrating than being laid up indoors because of back pain. been there, done that. good luck, hope you feel better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:28 am:

Bob, you have my sympathy. I have a herniated disc between L4-L5, the most common of all. Sorry to hear you have three. Bummer. Like others say, therapy, therapy, therapy. It has kept me away from the knife for over 30 years now. And an inversion table I just recently learned is very beneficial. Think I'll get one too. Hang in there, and good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio in TN on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:31 am:

Bob,

Bed, Bath & Beyond sells an amazing seat cushion called Wonder Gel. It is similar to the cushion seen on TV where they sit on an egg without breaking it. With their 20% off coupon the large size unit it cost $63.99 but is worth every penny in my opinion.

Best of luck,
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:34 am:

Inversion table is great. CAUTION! Make sure someone is there when you set it for your height. The pivot has a sweet spot to get you upright again. Dont ask how I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:57 am:

To anyone with back/disc problems get the Bad Back Book by Jerry Wayne. I suggested it in a post to Mark Osterman when he posted about his sciatica. I have ruptured discs in L4 & 5 and have never gone under the knife. Aside from arthritis in my back from a motorcycle accident I am virtually disc pain free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 10:27 am:

Sorry to hear! I thought this was going to be about the rain back east.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 10:34 am:

Bob, Hope you feel better soon. It's a real bummer when not being able to enjoy yourself, especially in the summer.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

Bob, hang in there. I've had two back surgeries. The last one, to relieve the pressure from a herniated disc from my left leg nerves. Leg hasn't been the same since.

Be patient.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

The Laser Spine Institute REALLY helped my wife. We went to Tampa:

https://www.laserspineinstitute.com/?source=Google-National-LSIBrand-P-MB-PPC&ut m_source=Google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=the-laser-spine-institute-locations&cpao =9104&lsi_custom_a=the-laser-spine-institute-locations&lsi_custom_b=Phrase&gclid =EAIaIQobChMI6ZiX6Z2s3AIVjfhkCh3YCgjlEAAYASAAEgJqZfD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!5226!3!276812103747!p!!s!!the%20laser%20spine%20institute%20locations&ef_id=W1E TYwAABLQr3CD9:20180719224319:s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir Atascadero on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

Bob Coiro, I still think about your Navion turning downside up in a windstorm. Was that on MacArthur airport? They were good birds, tho I never flew one.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration