Spreading T fever

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Spreading T fever
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

A friends dad got the itch to get his center door out for the 1st time in 16 years. I was there more for moral support than anything. About a half hour of tinkering and it was running around out front of the barn. He said I wonder if the 21 dodge coupe will start? Some gas and cleaning the points with a little gas in the priming cups and it was running around outside also. I think he said 2013 was the last time it was run. What a great evening with a great guy. He is 84 years old and works every day at his store. His son has the Scripps Booth touring that Bud and I have seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 05:59 am:

How cool is that! The result has a equal effect, the ole cars come alive and the human spirit at the same time. Life is good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 07:31 am:

Neato. What a fun way to spend a day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 07:50 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 07:51 am:

His daughter took this photo and I had to post it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:04 am:

Very nice people!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:31 am:

Dallas, the pic above answers one question...apparently the chicken crossed the road BEFORE the car!! LOL
Nice story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:37 am:

Tim we had to evict the chicken from a barn full of cars
Not an easy task. I was thinking dinner.
Bud you are correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:51 am:

Cool stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

What is hole in spring perch for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 01:12 pm:

Its only on right side perch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 02:12 pm:

Shackle from a hassler?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

Perch rather,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

That's an earlier style perch that is used with the wishbone that goes above the axle.

The perch is not correct for that car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

Eric is correct. It is likely that there is no split pin in the perch nut under the axle either, because the threaded end is probably to short.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration