Vendors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Vendors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 01:15 pm:

Anyone besides me dislike seeing new parts listed by vendors on eBay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 01:55 pm:

Like it or not, ebay is a significant way to market for a lot of on-line retailers. If you don't want to see the new stuff, check "used" in the search parameters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

I enjoy seeing Bob Bergstadt's (modelt2001) listings.

I have chosen to filter out listings from Mac's and Johnnylawmotors.

Chris' approach is a good one if you don't want to see any new parts listings at all. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 02:34 pm:

Had not thought about doing that. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

It's a small market. Why not try to reach out ? It's not wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

We're so very lucky to have ALL the vendors and manufacturers that we have in the US, so let them advertise. Ask any T restorer outside the US borders how lucky we are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 12:25 am:

Advertising is one thing plastering ebay is another. I too need to reset my filters and add a few more then what Mark said. Besides Bob's stuff there are a few other small sellers that sell new thing and if you cut out the new stuff you could miss them and NOS/NORS that are listed as new items. When I sell, because of the people that only looking at used stuff, I will list mine as used so it reaches more of the market. Mac's has a huge market because they cover so much of the car world, it is more likely that it's the other T and A parts sellers that people aren't aware of. Often it's Mac's that new vintage/antique car owners will be looking at for parts, have run across that often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 07:52 am:

Remember: Mac's and Eckler's are the same company. Many have commented about the the service since Eckler's purchased Mac's. Selling on ebay and keeping a good rating, requires good service or the buyers will post negative feedback and the ebay fees go up.

NOT a recommendation nor a complaint. Just the way I see it.

Good Luck,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 10:17 am:

I've seen the allegation before that Mac's troubles began with the Eckler purchase. But I crossed them off my list back in snail mail days, 25 years ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration