Put this in your living room

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Put this in your living room
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1922-Ford-Model-T-Replica/253763461694?hash=item3b157b2 23e:g:nakAAOSw6AlbOmSB&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

That would be great fun in parades and car shows. I wonder if the replica can be driven at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

Biggest waste of T parts I have ever seen.

I guess I canít stand using real T parts for the sake of art.
But I never understood some art.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 09:58 pm:

Understand not stand .

.I am beginning to hate someone or thing that tells me what I mean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

Was pretty taken back until that last picture. I guess L & H are moving out of the general public's conscience and the display has moved into storage and now for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 12:06 am:

Read the whole ad and note who the seller is. Would be cool if L&H figures came with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostergren on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 12:46 am:

Fred, that was not a waste of T parts, that was a waste of a nice, complete, running '25 touring purchased from an acquaintance of my ex-wife's. The Peterson Museum then proceeded to butcher it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 12:53 am:

That replica may be the closest any of us would ever get to the original crunched car.
The original car may have been volleyed into the air as part of a shell toward an enemy. Yes?
:-)
It's late and "IF" I wanted to say what "I think". Id say, "John Q. Public" is a dope (idiot etc.) and has no regard for history. At all.
But I won't say that.
Henry MAY have said something like what I think: How can we know where we are going without knowing where we've been...
EDIT: Sorry Bryan. I didn't see your post before I posted. No ill intentions intended. Duane

(Message edited by duey_c on July 20, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 01:17 am:

"Put this in your living room."

My Dad came very near to having his (now my) '12 Touring in the living room.

When my parents decided to build their dream home they worked with an architect to draw up just what they wanted. Both Mom and Dad had special features in mind. Dad said he wanted a "T room". It was sort of like a breezeway between the garage and the house, with nice large sliding glass doors on both ends of the room. Mom thought it was very considerate of him to specify a special room where she could invite all her friends for tea.

When the foundations were poured, Mom noticed that the floor was heavily reinforced in her "Tea Room". She asked why all the concrete in that particular area. Dad said the architect required it for the weight of a Model T.

A discussion immediately ensued.

The upshot was that there would be no oily, stinky cars parked in her house.

They compromised by putting a pool table in the T Room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 02:02 am:

Dick F, Now, THAT is funny!
Knowing the movie, loving the "boys" and their long streak of comedy. I think I would find that display piece interesting, even knowing that it was a replica. It looks the part. But I don't like the idea of destroying good parts for art's sake either. I imagine none of the parts destroyed were rare or valuable.

I think I would like having that in my house. However, I don't think my wife would go for it either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 02:06 am:

Here in the Twin Cities, the late Fred Bergholt had a 1910 Model 10 Buick ("White Streak") in the den of his house. I saw it a few times when I was a kid in the early 1970s.

He was quite the eccentric (and probably a genius). He collected antique cars before it was considered a hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 08:50 am:

Do the figures come with it? Hereís the original display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 08:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 08:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Didja notice the $2.25 bid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 03:33 pm:

Perhaps it can be purchased by all of us and donated to the Museum? Be even better if the figures came with it. Can't see them having any use for them otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

I'd pitch in, could Freighter Jim haul it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 05:04 pm:

I think it's a disgrace. Now others will be "copycatting" it. I will not support in any way the Peterson Museum in the future. Enough Ts and/or usable parts have been wasted building clown cars and the cars with two front ends. Some incredibly stupid stuff has been done to Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

Donít forget that at one time a lot of parts were SAVED by making clown cars and the like.

I doubt there will be a lot (or any) copy cats making new Laurel and Hardy accordion Tís, just as nobody is making new wheelie Tís or double enders or whatever. I agree that this one example does belong on display somewhere as itís testament to how deeply the Model T was woven into the fabric of American culture. The T is a universal car and when called on itís shown time and again that somehow it can do anything.

I say celebrate that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 06:25 pm:

You would think that someone who works at a car museum would know the difference between a wheel and a tire. Wheels don't go flat- tires do. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

Oh man lighten up. More parts get SCRAPPED by members of THIS forum than were used in that prop.

Guess the dog days of summer are here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

I reading that this is the car used in the film and was built back years ago for it.It is listed as a replica because ebay does not have a category for movie props.

If that is the case all the folks that messed the car up have kicked the bucket and fussing at their grave markers won't help anything.

My "beef" with this is someone donated this to a museum so it could be preserved and poof a few years later it is thrown on the auction block. I know,it happens all the time. And it is a practice that should be scrutinized.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

I can't find a actual picture of it but in Smoky and the Bandit 1 of Bufurds cars was folded up like that.So I bet this is where the idea came from.
But I can't find a good pic of it.But it was moving in the movie and you could see a short driveshaft turning under it as if maby it had a Briggs engine or something moving it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 09:53 pm:

I was looking at it differently... if it was a replica of the movie prop... I wondered how many real pieces went into it... and if they would be redirecting. From the photos it looks like moat are real parts heck.. those fenders are better than mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

Dennis, if you read Bryan's posting at the top of this thread it was made from a complete, good 1925 car and the modifications were done by the museum, or for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 11:41 pm:

Ok, I went back and read the description again,yep,apparently the museum done it.Sorry for my misinterpretation but I read it late at night.
It does look like alot of just parts put together, no engine or anything.What are the plastic pipes and hoses for?. Some of the stuff looks flexible like perhaps they had it bending?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 08:21 am:

I believe the hoses were for a steam effect out of the radiator

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration