Model T Era REO

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Model T Era REO
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, July 20, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

I believe this is about a 1913 or 1914 REO. They were 8th and 6th behind Ford in production those years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 07:03 am:

Richard, Thanks for posting, looks like the mother or mother-in-law is already nervous about riding in an automobile and it's not even moving.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

Husband is driving irritating Mother-in-law home after unannounced two week visit, notice his smile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Rich,

I have a barn fresh 1913 Reo roadster and it has 2 electric side lights on the cowl along side the hood on the fire wall.

I believe this Reo is either a 1915 or 1916 as the cowl lights are not on the firewall.

Just another great photo.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 03:57 pm:

Thanks for the insight. I haven't seen enough REO's those years to be up to speed on them. They sure are great cars.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 11:55 pm:

I have a barn fresh 1908 2 cylinder gentelmans roadster and the barn fresh 1913 Reo roadster. They both are a great ride. The 2 cylinder is as powerful at a 20 hp 4, the 1913 is very powerful at 45 hp.

That car drives and shifts easy and has great brakes for its age. Ramsom Olds stated that his latest creation the 5th series Reo was the absolute best car he could design and build, just maybe he was right!!

I think the photo you posted might be a 6 cylinder

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

"brass car guy" just sent me some photos of his 1913 REO Roadster. It looks like a great car.

Thanks.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Automobile Engineering Vol. I 1920 showed these illustrations of REO as a "typical" automobile.

FWIW

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration