Engine Stand Adapter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Engine Stand Adapter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 07:47 am:

Looking at buying an adapter to fit the T motor to my engine stand. I see that Lang's sells 2 different types-an adapter plate or a complete adapter that fits into the round hole in the stand. Any comments on which I should buy. It won't be for everyday use, only occasional use. The plate is about 1/2 the price of the complete adapter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 11:19 am:

The less expensive "plate" is not user friendly to access the center main bearing nuts !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 01:15 pm:

We used a piece of angle iron , drilled to hold the bottom of the engine and also the the stand's arms. Just made a bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:17 am:

This is probably the best one available and you can buy it directly from the people that make it:

http://www.specialtymotorcams.com/detail.php?s=engine-stand-adapter-enginestanda dapter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:15 am:

Make your own. Simple and it works great.

engine stand adapter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:33 am:

I use my KR Wilson engine stand. Kinda hard to find though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

I have a Manley, a KR Wilson and a modern with the better adapter available - I use them all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

Thanks guys. Great info. I am leaning towards making my own since the collapse of "free trade" between the US and Canada. There is now a 25% tariff (duty) on steel products crossing the border. Add this to the 25-30% exchange rate when buying the US dollar, it adds at least 50% to anything I now order from the US. Oh well, maybe our respective politicians will regain their sanity in the near future. (We can dream)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

All you need is a piece of angle and a couple of spacers cut from iron pipe. The angle uses two of the pan bolts and is notched to clear the one in the middle.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration